Saturday, August 1, 2009

Letter to my girl.

To my daughter,

Hello my little girl! I want you to know that we love you, yes… we already love you and are waiting for you. As a dad, I find amazing and painfully rewarding that I can love you this much without even knowing you yet, --thank you lord Jesus for the Love--. Then again, maybe I do know you, just maybe, that tear that I shed sometimes thinking of you, is actually you… coming close to me and with a soft kiss in my cheek saying I’ll be there soon!!!

I don’t know what you do every day, I wonder if you are happy or cry yourself to sleep… longing for loving arms to hold you, and a voice to tell you “everything is fine”; I wonder if you are being fed enough, if you are sick, if somebody takes the time to fix your hair. If you play with other children; but then, I breath and trust that God is taking care of you and keeping you safe… and then I wonder again, how does your smile looks like?, how does your laugh sounds like?

You know, this is going to be a really big change in your life, your brother’s life (who prays for you every night), your mom’s life and I would like to say, especially my life.

I hope I’m wrong and you don’t cry yourself to sleep… because that is what I do when I go to bed thinking of you…

I love you, your dad.

4 comments:

  1. Oh! The letter to your baby girl is so sweet.... First God,soon you will have her home with you. Whom ever she is, she is a very very super bless litle girl.
    I can only imagine the joy you will feal when you have her in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love is patient 1 corinthians 13:4 patients must have its perfect work: while we are working. god is doing a work in us. to perfect us to do things his way. he longs to bless us to reward uor faith. i just wanted to say you are so patient waiting for for daughter. god bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son is adorable...Which agency are you with for your Ethiopian adoption?? Thanks for commenting and I can't wait to see you bring your new daughter home...Ethiopia was amazing, krisit

    ReplyDelete
  4. She will be here before you know it. I can't wait to get to meet her too. I'm anxious to see how Carlito does. He's going to be a great big brother! Patricia will be even busier than she is now, but it'll be a good busy. I know you guys are going to love having a little girl! Need any bows? lol

    ReplyDelete